Sunday, October 19, 2014

Altered Board Book

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Today I wanted to stop by and share an Art Journal, I created out of a board book that I picked up at a yard sale over the summer.  I wanted to create an art journal with which I could play around with some different techniques.





I took some heavy gesso and covered the entire front and back covers to mute the color pictures on the board book. I then applied some Tim Holtz Idea-olgy tissues paper using some gel medium and added some gesso with a dry bush to fade some of the printed tissue paper. I wanted to add more texture to the front cover so I decided to use some modeling paste and stencils with some sprays using some white, copper and silver.

 
 
For the cluster on the front cover I decided to use some of my favorite dies from Die-Namites Dies, the Small Ivy DN-1170 and the Budding Branch DN-1037. I arranged them on the cover in a cluster with some scrap burlap, chipboard, clock face and owl I had laying around in my scrapbook studio.
 
 

 
 
http://www.die-namites.com/Small-Ivy_p_179.html#

http://www.die-namites.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/DN-1037.jpg&maxx=278&maxy=0
 
 
 
Supplies
Die-Namties Dies Budding Branch DN-1170
Die-Namites Dies Small Ivy DN-1170
Tim Holtz Stencil Measured THS016
Tim Holtz Stencil Chevron THS024
Idea-ology Tim Holtz Tissue Paper
Perfect Pearls Copper
Perfect Pearls Silver
Perfect Pearls Pearl
Tattered Angels Dragonfly
Tim Holtz Clock Faces
Tim Holtz Clock Hand
Idea-ology Tim Holtz Ticket
Dusty Attic Geometric Panel
Metal Owl
Doily
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Annmarie Colbert
 

1 comment: