Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day Monkey Card


It’s almost Valentine’s Day and love is in the air.   Today I want to share with you a quick Valentine’s Day card I created.

The red card base was cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and folded in half.  I then cut a piece of craft cardstock 4” x 5 ½” and layered it on top of the card base.  I used the pierced square die and cut a piece of designer paper from the Authentique smitten 6 x 6 paper pad. 


The monkey was stamped on some water color paper and colored with the tim holtz distress markers.   After coloring the image in, I centered the image in pierced square die and cut it out.  I applied some stickles to the heart balloons and layered the image on the design paper collection.  The sentiment was stamped with some red distress ink and the hearts where colored in with the distress makers.  To dress the card up a little more, I created a bow out of craft twine I had and applied a jem to the center of the bow.

I really love how this came out and I hope you are have a wonderful Valentine’s Day with your family and friends.


Supplies
Great Impressions Monkey Stamp
Great Impressions Sentiment Stamp
Recollections Red Cardstock
Recollections Craft Cardstock
Canson Watercolor Paper
Authentique Smitten 6 x 6 Paper Collection
American Craft Clear Embossing Powder
Studio G Clear Glitter
Ranger Distress Ink Candied Apple
Distress Marker Worn Lipstick
Distress Marker Tea Dye
Distress Marker Brushed Corduroy
Distress Marker Candied Apple

Thank you for stopping by!

Annmarie Colbert

3 comments: