Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Home Tweet Home Birdhouse Tutorial

Hi everyone! I wanted to stop by today and share this beautiful birdhouse I created using the Marion Smith's Designs Garment District Collection. My living room is decorated in birdhouses and I thought this project would add a perfect touch.



 
I created spray of flowers using scraps from Marion's Paper Collection for the sides of the birdhouse.
 
 
 I wanted to share with you the technique I used to create this roof.
 

 Step 1: Cover piece of cardstock in plumbers tape


Step 2: Emboss cardstock that is covered in plumbers tape
 
Step 3: Cover the piece in black acrylic paint and let dry

Step 4: Take a baby wipe and wipe off the black acrylic paint until you achieve the look you want
 
This is what it should look like when you wipe with baby wipe
 
Step :5 Take  an embossing pen and run it over in spots lightly

 
Step 6: Take embossing power and cover then heat emboss Until you achieve the look you are wanting

Step 7: To get the aged copper look dry bush patina paint on surface.

Step 8: Cut cardstock the shape of your roof and apply with matt medium.



 I hope you enjoyed this tutorial please see list below of supplies.

Supplies
Marion Smith Designs Garment District Paper Collection "Blush"
Marion Smith Designs Junque & Gems Metal Filigree Butterflies
Marion Smith Designs Garment District Scraps (Flowers)
Plumbing Tape
Recollections Cardstock
Stampendous Fron-tage embossing powder
Patina Acrylic Paint
Black Acrylic Paint
Lindy's Stamp Gang Cattail Copper Brown, My Mojito Green, Pink Ladies Pink
Tim Holtz Strip Die tattered Flowers
Sizzix Bigz Die 65645
Wood Circle 3/4" Balls

Thank you for stopping by:
Annmarie
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment